The installing is easy and quick.
Shopify support auto installation with a single click. Only need select theme package and wait a min, then publish and customize the Theme.
Requirements before setup
- After purchase and download the theme package from Papathemes, you will have
- Extract/unzip the downloaded file.
- You will have the folder, enter it you will see theme package like
marco_theme_r10.zip. This package use to install into your site.
- From your Shopify admin, go to
Online Store > Themes
- On the Themes page, will display all Shopify themes that installed.
More themessection, click to button
- In the Upload theme popup, click to button
- Browser to the downloaded theme package and select it
- Click to
Uploadbutton, Shopify will auto upload and install the package.
- When the loading icon stop, that meant the Installation completed. Click to the
Actionslink and select
Publish Buildpopup will appear, then click to
- The theme will appear in the
Current themeas live theme of your site.
Installation take error
After select theme package and click Upload button, it show the error message: zip does not contain a valid theme:
missing template "layout/theme.liquid", missing template "templates/index.liquid", missing template "templates/collection.liquid", missing template "templates/product.liquid", missing template "templates/page.liquid", missing template "templates/cart.liquid", and missing template "templates/blog.liquid"
That meant you don't extract the downloaded package. Try read again the guide Requirements before setup
The "Upload theme" button disabled
Error like , can not click to upload and install the theme.
Shopify limit install 20 themes into the site. You will also see the notification in the top of page.